5 Requirements of Successful Waiting#
11 February, 2020
Waiting on the Lord sounds easy—we simply pray and watch for His answer, right?
The truth is that believers who desperately want to see a need met often find the process unbearable.
The next time God says to wait, remember these requirements for keeping a steady vigil until He answers:
- We are far safer in accepting our helpless condition than in figuring out our own solution. Trying to manipulate our circumstances for the desired result is a demonstration of a proud self-reliance, not a humble submission.
- We need patience. This isn’t an inborn trait; rather, it’s the fruit of the Holy Spirit. He is the one who can give us calmness in the midst of a difficult situation.
- Patience is born from a foundation of trust in God’s character, purpose, and ways.
- Waiting takes courage. Friends and colleagues will freely offer advice about our situation, but we must bravely wait when others say it is time to move. Fear of criticism is often the catalyst for taking matters into our own hands rather than trusting in God’s timing.
- Praying when we’d rather take action is difficult. Waiting faithfully, submissively, patiently and without fear delivers blessings that demonstrate God's faithfulness and goodness. These favors are often only witnessed and then appreciated in hindsight. #Robert Popov
That which comes together quickly falls apart quickly. In haste poor, few or no foundations are laid.
Impatience stands most precariously upon feet of clay. Refuse to permit your impatience today to steal your betterment of tomorrow away.
But I trust in you O Lord; I, say 'You are my God'. My times are in your hands. (Psalm 31:14)
Today's Soul Snippet:
One thing you can still give and keep is your word. ~ anon
ENJOY too - 4 Thoughts to Measure your Wait
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workdays.