6 Havens for the Human Spirit
26 May, 2019
Ever more so with this planet's increase of wickedness Christians will live in shaky and shaken souls, searching for that haven to stand in strength.
All that is not of the Lord is ranged, indeed harnessed against the believer. Unknown evil assignments and unseen arrows are fired relentlessly to pierce each disciple, and then rob them of divine rest. Satan delivers death to the spirit before he seeks death to the body.
The havens to stand firm, where the evil assignments flounder and the arrows fall are on the islands of:
1) Humility - He gives grace to the humble. (1 Peter 5:5)
2) The Lord's Presence - Strength and joy are in the Lord's dwelling place. (1 Chronicles 16:27b)
3) Looking to the Crown of Glory - The toil will be easier if we have the profit before our eyes. ~ Bernard of Clairvaux
4) Replaying God's faithful goodness in thankful prayer - the heart of despair and the heart of thanks do not share a mattress.
5) Repaying good for evil - respond well that satan is offered no foothold.
6) Treading only paths of righteousness - what the righteous desire will be granted. (Proverbs 10:24)
Havens are chosen hiding places that may command a considerable paddle to reach. They are retreated to but rarely stumbled upon.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"Discretion and humility are the same virtue." ~ James Hannay
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?