6 Verses My Mom Taught Me
5 January, 2020
Moms are as much a mentor as they are a nurturer.
My mom was pretty good at both (and a lot more to boot).
Her young son was slow to learn, ridiculously slow.
Mom 'held my hand' long after I became taller than her. She knew her Bible well, trusted it.
She repeated Bible verses regularly to these young and incorrigible ears. My mom needed to.
Now many decades later she may celebrate a meager success. These verses still resonate.
Mom taught me very well, she taught me the Lord's truths.
- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. ~ Hebrews 11:1
- Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. ~ Hebrews 13:5b
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~ Proverbs 3:5-6
- Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. ~ Proverbs 16:18
- ... be sure your sins shall find you out. ~ Numbers 3:23b
What we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us, we will not hide from our children; we will tell the next generation ... His commands and statutes, His praiseworthy deeds, power and wonders we will teach to our children, so the next generation would know them, even children yet to be born, and they in turn will tell their children ... Then they would put their trust in God, and would not forget His deeds, and would keep His commands. (Psalm 78:3-7 SoulSupply paraphrase)
Teach your children well. And, recall your lessons of yesterday, for they will always carry you into and through tomorrow.
Today's Soul Snippet:
Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you. ~ Proverbs 2:11
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workdays.