8 Easter Bites
14 April, 2019
Annually Easter pops up to help mankind's unbelief, and feed his good ones.
As with the plea of a sick boy's father (see Mark 9:24) help my unbelief, so too Easter rolls around each year before the eyes of the saint and sinner alike.
Eight bites for Easter 2019 to steady our beliefs:
- Good Friday is the day that the Father nailed His heart to the cross.
Jesus owed me nothing but gave me everything.
- Jesus can bear all your burdens for He has borne all your sins.
- Jesus died to replace human distance with divine presence.
- Still splashed across the earth is Jesus' blood, and still splashed across the heavens is His heart.
I am no more worthy to be forgiven than Jesus was to die.
- 2000 years ago Jesus did not just stand up for me - He was nailed up for me.
- To see an empty cross is comfortable, but a crucifix is the pattern of Christian life.
And those who passed by derided him, wagging their heads and saying, “Aha! You who would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days, save yourself, and come down from the cross!” So also the chief priests with the scribes mocked Him to one another, saying, “He saved others; He cannot save Himself. Let the Christ, the King of Israel, come down now from the cross that we may see and believe.” Those who were crucified with Him also reviled Him. (Mark 15:29-32)
How hard it is to see greatness and goodness when it is covered in rejection and rags!
Today's Soul Snippet:
'There is terror in the Bible as well as comfort.' ~ Donald Barnhouse
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?