8 Top Count Zinzendorf Quotes
25 January, 2019
Zinzendorf is a curious addition to conclude this series with, for he first sought communal living as a conduit of of Christian faith. He traveled extensively and is fondly recorded as 'The Pilgrim Count'.
As with Hudson Taylor, Charles Studd, and James Fraser he was born into privilege. Raised in Austrian nobility by his grandmother - he measured such a life as not for himself.
Within a period of two decades, Zinzendorf sent missionaries around the globe: to Greenland, Lapland, Georgia, Surinam, Africa's Guinea Coast, South Africa, Amsterdam's Jewish quarter, Algeria, the native North Americans, Ceylon, Romania, and Constantinople. In short order, more than 70 missionaries from a community of fewer than 600 answered the call. (CHRISTIANITY TODAY)
Ludwig's words were not empty dalliances of his soul. He lived them, and they still live this day.
1. Preach the gospel, die and be forgotten.
2. Only atheists attempt to comprehend God with their mind.
3. I have one passion, it is He. Only He.
4. I am destined to proclaim the message, unmindful of personal consequences to myself.
5. Missions, after all, is simply this: Every heart with Christ is a missionary, every heart without Christ is a mission field.
6. The world is the field and the field is the world; and henceforth that country shall be my home where I can be most used in winning souls for Christ.
7. There can be no Christianity without community.
8. I have been bought at a price. I will live every moment of this day so that the Great Purchaser of my soul will receive the full reward of His suffering.
Burdened to reach the American native Indians he moved to America and there laid down his honors and title.
In his later years he met much opposition, deep sifting and persistent trials.
On May 9, 1760 Ludwig met his Lord, overcome from his work. He had lost his first wife in 1756, and his second wife of only three years died a mere twelve days after him.
We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God. (Acts 14:22b)
A man restless to 'reward' his Lord.
Today's Soul Snippet:
'In creation God shows us His hand; in salvation His heart.' ~ anon
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?