10 July, 2018
The Lord lives in secrets, canopied by deep and unsearchable things. Man can no more fathom God's mind than he will submit to the Lord's righteousness.
God is a contrarian for His truth lives in parables. He and unredeemed mankind operate in reverse. They are incompatible. That which is least obvious to man is most obvious to God.
Reflect please on God's truth-laden, hidden and opposite ways:
- What is highly valued to men is detestable in God's sight. (Luke 16:15)
- He speaks in parables in order that His truth is hidden from mankind's calloused hearts. (Matthew 13:13)
- The first shall be last and the last shall be first. Rejoice in the finding of no favor, lament when all men speak well of you. (Luke 6:26)
- Life is reproduced when self is lost. It is only when a seed falls to the ground and dies that it can produce many seeds. (John 12:24)
- It is those who trek the path to obscurity the Lord will honor abundantly. (Matthew 5:3 & 5)
- Blessing rests upon those who carry righteous burdens and are persecuted, for theirs is heaven's kingdom. (Matthew 5:10-12)
In this wicked generation that counts Christians as sinners to it, celebrate the rebuff and inwardly smile at the rebuke - for Christ's confidential truths breathe well within you.
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Celebration is good for the soul.' ~ Michael Cartwright
ENJOY too - Be Obstinate
Did you find this SoulSnack helpful? Would you like to subscribe or forward it to a friend?