"GOD - Leave us alone!"
8 July, 2019
'The truth of God is known to people by instinct.' ~ Billy Graham
The reason why men unwittingly cry out to Him when sudden distress confronts is because God has implanted the knowledge of Himself within all men.
Yet normally they say to God:
‘Leave us alone! We have no desire to know Your ways. Who is the Almighty, that we should serve Him? What would we gain by praying to Him? (Job 21:14-15)
Paul's letter to the Romans leaves no doubt with the reader as to God's view of mankind, their arrogant rejection of Him, and their behavior.
Paul sets the need for the rescue Jesus' offers to all men in chapter 1 as he teaches what God despises.
- mankind clearly suppresses the truth by wickedness (v18-19)
- though they knew God, they neither glorified God nor gave Him thanks (v21)
- they exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds, and animals, and reptiles (v23)
- they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator (v25)
- both men and women abandoned natural relations for unnatural ones, and committed indecent acts with each other (vs26-27)
- they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God (v28)
'Corrupt', 'immoral' or 'shameless' are adjectives that reflect no honor. They are accurate descriptors of the wicked.
It is these who deny and refuse to hold to God's revealed truths He counts as without excuse. Their wickedness is blatant, and readily recognised by their worship and sexual relations.
For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—His eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. (Romans 1:20)
Those that will not hear the comfortable voice of God's Word shall be made to hear the dreadful voice of His rod. ~ Matthew Henry
'Those who keep themselves pure in times of common impurity God will keep safe in times of common calamity.' ~ Matthew Henry
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Everything that happens to me can help me along in my Christian life.' ~ E. Stanley Jones
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?