Pushed Over By A Friend? ~ 10 Tips
30 June, 2019
Is there any greater searing, any hotter blast upon a soul than to be betrayed by one you shared with, dined with and maybe even worshiped with?
Jesus knew too well the betrayal of brothers, the broken promises of His disciples, and others' lies oft repeated.
But note - God's heart holds two virtues as His highest:
- righteousness, and
Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. (Romans 8:33)
You are free from the opinion of man because you have heard the verdict of God for your life. ~ Peter Barnes
God always desires to bring justice, deliver mercy and then restore. This is righteousness. He will use your betrayal for your benefit, and so too then the benefit of His Kingdom. Your betrayal is a sharing in the sufferings of Jesus. Sadly these facts do not change the hurt, nor lift it. But they remain your vital truth, your coat hook to hang your days upon and drape your heartache over.
If you want the power of His resurrection you have to share in the fellowships of His sufferings. ~ Graham Cooke
Betrayal audited well produces your spiritual growth; health blossoms after hurt. The results depend upon how you manage the betrayal and its subsequent injuries, especially the enduring pains.
Disappointments in life can navigate you, or detour you to a better route. ~ Peter Barnes
These ten tips can be most difficult to exercise in their entirety. Yet, it will hurt far more and far longer if you don't.
- Always hold praise and worship foremost in your heart. Choose not to be robbed of this taste of heaven.
- Hand over the hurt to the Throne of Grace. Bottled emotions explode, and so the injury is multiplied.
- Refuse to define your future from your past. Yesterday need not prescribe tomorrow. 'Your past was a lesson, not a sentence.' (anon.)
- Don't talk it up and thus keep pouring fuel on the pain, and giving it fresh air to burn all over again.
- Refuse to return the favor. Jesus didn't. Don't become as your betrayer, and betray in return. Neither pay it forward or pay it back. Jesus didn't.
- As far as it is depends upon you do not change this friend into an enemy.
- Become a blesser. Jesus did.
- Wait upon the Lord, He has your back and has witnessed your betrayal.
- Permit no bitter root to be fed and survive, starve it. Take it all to the cross.
- Forgive, forgive, and then forgive again. Jesus did!
Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. (Hebrews 12:14)
God will never withhold His favor from those whose walk is upright. Faithfulness carries its own rewards. ~ Michael Cartwright
Today's Soul Snippet:
'I am daily waiting for the coming of the Son of God.' ~ George Whitfield
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?