Souvenirs of Solitude ~ Humility & Pride
29 April, 2014
- Humility is becoming what you have despised and realising that you were wrong.
- The humble will inherit the earth, and that which is taken prematurely will be lost.
- He who cannot bend the knee cannot repent.
- He who seeks the Lord's glory will receive his own.
- The honor of the Lord is to be highly desired, it is eternally more precious than the honor of man. Live for an audience of one.
- He who acknowledges impotence is the most powerful in the Kingdom of God.
- A life cemented in pride, yields a future sealed in loss.
- From humility there is elevation, but from pride there is desolation.
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"If the welcome of the world has eluded you, don't worry 'cos you were not made for this world."
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
ENJOY - Making Sense of Pride