Steak On The Plate While You Wait?
5 December, 2017
A pastor mate of mine was heard to quip at least once or twice:
There is steak on your plate while you wait, not just pie in the sky when you die. ~ Kevin Wilcock
Life's relentless hardships would raise a clenched fist of challenge to Kevin. But, King David would agree with my mate:
- I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14)
- For you, Lord, have delivered me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before You in the land of the living. (Psalm 116:8-9)
God's handiwork for each of us is that we will enjoy life to the full.
No child of God will He abandon, anymore than His intentions could ever become wicked.
- To the steadfast and the firm of faith...
- To those whose boughs have been bent without respite...
- To those who have echoed Jonah from life's darkest depths...
... the good Lord affirms to each disciple treading in the land of the living:
WHY? - because blessed are all who wait on Him. (Isaiah 30:18d)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"It is better to be free of things than consumed by them." ~ Michael Cartwright
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?