STUDY 4 LIVING OUT VICTORY
A gun loaded correctly will always defeat an opponent with an incorrectly loaded gun. Having Christ correct and understanding my enemy, I am now equipped for victory. Now I am able to live in victory and engage in God's presence as He would have me. In this passage Jesus is chatting deeply with a lady who would be despised by her peers. In a marvellous piece of gentle teaching, Jesus draws this yielded woman from worship of herself to worship of Him. Victory is available to the woman at the well.
READ JOHN 4:19-26
1. a] T or F - Life is simply about who I worship.
b] T or F - There are no civilians in worship.
Discuss: Everybody will worship something.
2. In v.21-23 Jesus gives 3 pieces of information
about worship. What are they?
·________________________v.23 & 24
3 Discuss: God seeks people who will seek Him.
Discuss: God is not interested in ritual.
How does 2 Chronicles 16:9 help?
4. How does v.24 demonstrate this:
"To worship a material god is idolatry"?
5. T or F - There is no true worship without the truth!
6. How does Romans 8:16 help with understanding the spiritual aspect of worship?
7. What limits therefore, are there to worship? John 3:34
True spiritual worship can not be conducted in the flesh.
How do Romans 12:1 and 2 Samuel 6:16 help?
9.a] How is worship the sign of victory over our enemy?
b] How is true worship freedom?
10. What things still prevent you from worship?
Are these indicators of spiritual assault?
Now there is no limit to worship, it is internal and intentional. It is truly above place, gender and creed.
Worship now has the "everyone/everywhere" factor. Why/why not?
T or F Worship = Winning
12. How can I recognise when I am 'living out victory' in my life?