10 Opinions - 1 is Best#
The heart cries for intimate belonging (Brennan Manning). From this cry within we each may examine others responses to us in the search for acceptance. The desire for belonging is as old as God is Himself.
A wit once noted:
What other people think of me is none of my business. (Anon.) Yet, still opinions roll past our ears daily.
- When a lawyer looks at you, he calls you a client.
- When an artist looks at you he calls you a fan.
- When a conductor looks at you he calls you a passenger.
- When a doctor looks at you he calls you a patient.
- When a banker looks at you he calls you a customer.
- When a teacher looks at you he calls you a student.
- When a politician looks at you he calls you a constituent.
- When a soldier looks at you he calls you a civilian.
- When a landlord looks at you he calls you a tenant.
But when God looks at you, you know you belong - He says to you:
you are My Royal priesthood, citizen of a holy and chosen nation, a person belonging to Me - you are now free to praise My name and are privileged as you live in My wonderful light, enjoying My unending mercy. (See 2 Peter 2:9-11)
You are whom God says you are and not what the world calls you. You are favored and desired by Heaven - loved forever.#
God does not judge by external appearance (Galatians 2:6)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'There can be only two basic loves - the love of self unto the forgetfulness of God, or the love of God unto the forgetfulness and denial of self.' ~ Augustine
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
#Today's SoulSnack is anonymous with SoulSupply edits.