19 Proverbs Afresh (11-19)#
Proverbs are a well of understanding, a Divine stream of wisdom.
Proverbs pave life's paths with smooth stones, and add light to the wandering soul.
Those who have dwelt in the Book of Proverbs know full well its profit.
While these new SoulSupply proverbs are not of the Bible, may they cause a pause to the reader#:
11. The meditations of the heart can't be fled.
12. Living with resentment is death while breath continues upon the lungs.
13. When nurture has been absent impulse will be present.
14. Modern man has exchanged manna for mammon.
15. Trust is more important than accumulation, faith of more value than possessions.
16. The old self confronts what the new self seeks to be.
17. In sadness the soul steps out its front door, and in its fading light greets the brazen face of sin.
18. Choose to praise God in the darkness for it will then be instinct when the light returns.
19. The wind of judgement is stronger than any wind of cleansing or sifting.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"Repentance is the tear in the eye of faith". ~ D.L. Moody
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?