3 New Lies & 3 Old Truths!
Soul Snack 32/14 ... Pressing On! ~ Part C. Hidden in the corner of a small cafe, I listened intently, but not in silence. The coffee aroma was as pleasant as the Biblical sleight of hand (I witnessed) was soothing. We discussed three finely clothed heresies.
Three new lies:
- God will tolerate all my sin for all is grace.
- I no longer need God's Word for few men agree upon it.
- I only need the inner witness of the Holy Spirit to guide my life.
These lions in sheep's clothing roar voraciously too in various other forums.
Each lie will only ever pay the compound interest of a shipwrecked faith. They are saturated in sulfur, reeking of hell's fumes.
The above falsehoods have all been taught to me by very intelligent knee-bending brothers, at the brink of Christian collapse.
Three old truths:
- Jesus advised the woman caught in adultery -'go and sin no more'. Grace is no more a license to sin, than paying your speeding fine is permission to speed again.
- The value of the Bible is not found in man's opinion, nor can it ever become obsolete for the Word of God is eternal.
- It is the Holy Spirit of Truth that teaches the Word of Truth. He bears witness to Jesus, not Himself. (John 16:14)
“Don’t seal the words of the prophecy of this book; don’t put it away on the shelf. Time is just about up. Let evildoers do their worst and the dirty-minded go all out in pollution, but let the righteous maintain a straight course and the holy continue on in holiness.” (Revelation 22:10-11, The Message Bible)
There is the Highway of Holiness, this is the straight course. It is the road to Jerusalem. Pressing on is remaining on the straight path. It is not changing lanes to the comfortable path. Listening to lies can only lead to loss.
There remains a crown of glory for you. God has it already on the shelf. Your name is etched upon it - it is yours!
Seek the eternal crown and reject the earthly comfort.
The toil will be easier if we have the profit before our eyes. ~ Bernard of Clairvaux
Today's Soul Snippet:
Unless he has first walked in trouble, a man at ease cannot understand a man in distress.
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?