5 Best Bedside Bible Verses
Medications are often found on bedside tables, and so too health for the soul.
Since the invention of the printing press Bibles have sat beside beds. Unquestionably they hold comfort and counsel for any troubled soul or sleepless spirit.
Unscrew the lid to this black bottle of divine therapy daily. Place these five life-giving capsules near your pillow. Each evening restfully chew upon them, each morning take them with your coffee:
- Be at rest O my soul for the Lord has been good to you - Psalm 116:7
- A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out - Isaiah 42:3
- Abstain from sinful desires that war against the soul - 1 Peter 2:11b
- I am a stranger upon earth - Psalm 119:9a
- Be careful not to forget the Lord - Deuteronomy 6:12
O Lord thankyou for the precious safety of your Word. May it remove my evil desires, strengthen my weary hands, quiet my distressed spirit and water my heart this day and always. AMEN.
Today's Soul Snippet
"Let not your faith stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." ~ anon
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?