6 Betterments of Childhood
We are so anxious to grow up, but look at what we leave behind:
- Envy the child for they know no power nor lament its absence.
- Envy the child for their mind is not heavy with woes or greed.
- Envy the child for in their virtue purity has no need to knock upon their door.
- Envy the child for they neither know the pride of knowledge, nor the fear of ignorance.
- Envy the child for they are yet to write treaties with sin.
- Envy the simplicity of the child, for this is far better than a man of great knowledge unable to bow his head.
Jesus called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: ‘Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:2-4)
Today's Soul Snippet:
Pen no treaty with sin.
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
ENJOY - Making Sense of Children
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?