7 Natural Awakenings ~ Part A
Proverbs deliver a natural awakening to short things less thought of, that long lectures or large textbooks are sure to miss.
King Solomon explained that Proverbs are for:
- the attaining of wisdom and discipline,
- acquiring a prudent life, and
- providing guidance to the discerning.
Listed below are a few new Proverbs offered by SoulSupply. No claim of Biblical authority accompanies them.
May there be a morsel of benefit here to chew upon, even if only for a brief moment:
- He who takes offence swallows a serpent, he who overlooks an offence tames a biting snake.
- Humility fathers wisdom.
- Righteousness is the shield to wickedness.
- Knowledge without wisdom is of little value, as faith without works is dead.
- The fool can no more control his tongue than the lazy can straighten the sagging rafter.
- Respect is better than wealth, as even the simplest wisdom is superior to abundant knowledge.
- A blameless man requires no correction, a witless man abhors it.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'If sickness is the will of God, then every physician would be a lawbreaker, every trained nurse a defier of the Almighty, and every hospital a house of rebellion instead of a house of mercy'. ~ T.L. Osborn
Permission is granted to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday.