The Bible's 7 most powerful verses
Soul Snack 32/13 ... The Bible's 7 most powerful verses
There is a light and vacant Christianity within the western world. For at least a century (since B.B.Warfield published Counterfeit Miracles in 1918) the Bride of Christ has languished in an over-educated moraine, burdened with learning and liberated from the power of faith.
Christianity is founded upon the supernatural:
- God coming to earth
- the birth of God from a virgin
- a multi-miracle attested messiah and
- a messiah who rose from the dead.
Jesus teaches all disciples to pray for His Father's will to be done upon earth as it is in heaven. Heaven is the place of the perfect, the healthy and the powerful. It is therefore God's will that this power is still demonstrated upon earth, both for His glory and the benefit of the recipients.
God has not changed - the supernatural still happens for all who have eyes to see and ears to hear.
Jesus explained that it is only the faith of child that can grasp, indeed enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Educated adults fail to accept these following verses at a simple face value - foolishly I still do!
Believe these verses for they should not be morphed into a curiosity for the intelligentsia to explain away.
2000 years ago (or more) they were written by He who has never changed so neither have they!
- Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. ~ Jer 33:3
- Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done. ~ Matt 21:21
- Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. ~ Jn 14:12
- “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. “Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. ~ Mk 11:22-23
- I pray that you may know... his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength. ~ Eph 1:19
- Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. ~ Mk 11:24
- I can do all this through him who gives me strength. ~ Phil 4:13
Today's Soul Snippet:
The impossible is available to those who rely on the eternal.