8 Rules for Relationship Repair
Living humbly is better than losing friends.
Eight thoughts to keep friends or restore them:
1) Overlook offence.
A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offence. (Proverbs 19:11)
2) Reject further excavation to that harbor of resentment within.
3) Refuse to find fault.
4) Take every thought captive to the Lord Jesus.
...we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5b)
5) Be slow to speak, quick to be silent.
6) Refuse to fire accusations - especially as return fire. This is only the multiplying of sin, a further participating in the great accuser's wicked handiwork.
7) Forgive for you have first been forgiven.
8) Avoid all Godless chatter.
These are steps to a peace above all reason and understanding, a rest gained from beyond this world.
Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice. (Proverbs 13:10)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"A man's state before God may always be measured by his prayers." ~ Bishop J.C. Ryle
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday.