8 Seconds to Comfort
Soul Snack 221/14 ... Comfort is even more elusive than it is fleeting.
Have you found seasons of adversity to be more frequent than times of peace?
Is not comfort the highest of desires, the strongest longing on the emotional shopping list of far too many?
Breathe in these eight divine affirmations and promises, only a second for each (but please take longer should you like):
- "The LORD is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." ~ Psalm 34:18
- "Cast your cares on the Lord & He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." ~ Psalm 55:22
- "The Lord stands at the right hand of the needy one to save his life from those who condemn him." ~ Psalm 109:31
- "God gathers His lambs into His arms and carries them close to His heart." ~ Isaiah 40:11
- "A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out." ~ Isaiah 42:3
- "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you." ~ Isaiah 46:4
- "God holds, heals and restores the outcasts, those for whom nobody cares." ~ Jeremiah 30:17 (SoulSupply version)
- "... whoever comes to me I will NEVER drive away." ~ John 6:37
In conclusion please remember:
- Jesus turns bruising into blessing and brokenness into beauty.
- "A great test foreshadows a great promotion." ~ Jesus#
When satan has carved you a volcano to dwell in, or paved a path of smoldering stones to tread upon - the overcoming Lord who has been there, done that pleads:
Beloved son, beloved daughter, don't give up now - weary heart - for your best is yet to come.#
ENJOY CATCHING COMFORT - 120sec on SnackShots, SoulSupply's YouTube channel
Today's Soul Snippet:
"Jesus replaces ritual with relationship." ~ Michael Cartwright
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
# Wendy Alec, "Visions from Heaven" (Dublin, Ireland: Warboys Publishing, 2013) 192, 214