8 Ways to Stand Strong#
Bouncing today from the walls of ancient Cathedrals or the roofs of modern Christian auditoriums is the same call - be steadfast, these times are increasingly wicked - discern good from evil so as to not drift away.
No Christian is exempt from the impact of these deceitful sin supporting times.
Those who stand strong:
- stand on the rock that is higher than I. This is the living of humility
- choose the Lord as their refuge, for He is a strong tower against any foe
- long to dwell in the Lord's tent, finding refuge in the shelter of His wings
- know Him as an unshakeable fortress, for they peer down and see their feet are of clay
- have become accustomed to calling upon Him wherever they are, no matter how weary
- earnestly seek the Lord as a parched land longs for water
- call on Him in the bright hours and during the watches of the night
- are familiar with the finding of rest at His feet alone. Anywhere else invites disturbance.#
We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away. (Hebrews 2:1)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"Be silent at the beginning of the day because God should have the first word.” ~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
# these points are largely a blending of King David's thoughts from Psalms 61-63 as he reflects on his battles.