9 Dirty Tricks Satan Uses Against You.
Jesus is the Good Shepherd, satan is the wolf in sheep's clothing.
Jesus seeks to build you up, satan wants to tear you down.
Jesus comes that you may have life to the full, satan comes to only kill, steal and destroy.
Satan is enraged at those who obey God's commandments, those who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Thus, he continually wars against them.
Expect war. This earth is a battleground, it is not a playground.
Satan strategises to weaken your Christian resolve and faith. Then you fall prey. Neglect ensues, you are distanced from the Throne of Grace and so salvation may even be lost.
Resilience is the ability to continue under pressure, the capacity to bounce back after pain. It persists through hope being watered by faith.
Audit these following tricks of satan upon your faith, that you may not fall from your secure position to vulnerability.
- Lack of devotion - coals grow cold when moved from the fire. Satan wants you to leave Jesus alone. Yet, the Lord protects those whose eyes are upon Him. (Psalm 25:14)
- Presence of debt - it is enslaving. Debt is a merciless bondage to both the body and the soul. Its bondage claims your time, your energy and your mind.
- The choice of a morally neutral indulgence which you know may lead you to sin - approaching the door of immorality. Stay far away from the possibility of sin. (Proverbs 5:6-7)
- The choice of friends - the absolute foolishness which is willing to sit among the counsel of wicked. (Psalm 1)
- The busyness of a body that resists rest and makes the eager spirit weak. This refuses to be still and know that I am God. (Psalm 46:10)
- Gazing at the past and saying 'these were better days'. To hang on to yesterday is to miss today and lose tomorrow. Faith looks to the future, that which is still unseen. (Ecclesiastes 7:10, Isaiah 43:18, Hebrews 11:1)
- Leaving sins unattended. Sins of the past are satan's footholds today that still chain you and claim you in desire, action and condemnation. Give satan no lodging, resist him and he will flee. (Ephesians 4:27, James 4:7)
- The choice of wrong refuge during the seasons of hardship and heartache. Eyes are cast away from He who carries our burdens. (Psalm 61:1-3, 62:1-2, 8)
- Doubt. Faith defeats reason, not vice versa. Recall the Lord's previous goodness so that your faith is fortified and your hands strengthened. Memory is a power tool of faith.
REMEMBER - The heart of fools is in the house of pleasure. (Ecclesiastes 7:4b)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Prayer is the wing wherewith the soul flies to heaven, and meditation the eye wherewith we see God.' ~ Ambrose
Did you find this SoulSnack helpful? Would you like to subscribe or forward it to a friend?
ENJOY too - The 5 Friends of Spiritual Resilience