A Hidden Wholeness#
Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under His power, and that He had come from God and was returning to God. (John 13:3)
Jesus lived as one just transiting the earth as we do an airport lounge because He knew His:
- Heritage - God had placed all things under Him
- Identity - He had come from God and
- Destiny - He would return to God.
Likewise for each Christian too:
- Heritage - God has fearfully and wonderfully knitted each of us together (Psalm 139:13-14)
- Identity - We are Jesus' brothers and sisters, and His name will be upon our foreheads (Hebrews 2:11-12, Revelation 22:4)
- Destiny - to see Jesus' face, with all our tears wiped away, reigning forever and ever. (Revelation 21:4, 22:4-5)
I am HIDden in Jesus for the long haul when my soul, body and spirit agrees they are strange to this world. It is then I am complete, for neither the world's pleasant inducements or cruel blows will shake me.
Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. (1 Peter 2:11-12)
We are earth's tourists, its exiles and aliens; foreigners headed for our far better home above.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"The best way to receive understanding is to give it." ~ anon.