'A Secret to Wealth' + much more
Maybe wealth devours the mind above all other consuming desire?
Is it mankind's native instinct to choose the paths that may lead to wealth?
14 SoulSupply proverbs to rightly pave the paths of all your purposes ahead:
- Wealth with hardship is a contradiction to the human mind. Yet, when the Lord brings wealth He does not accompany it with sorrow.
- Wealth cannot safeguard against the times and chances that rise to afflict men.
- It is better to be a pauper, for his load is lighter when trouble rises against him. He fears not the loss of wealth nor carries its burdens.
- Wealth sown with generosity shall surely multiply, for the children of a generous man will never know hunger.
- God gives without finding fault. He looks to the need but not to the cause.
- He who devotes to the amassing of wealth practises as a snake charmer - he is likely to become poisoned.
- Greed is the mother to ill-judgement.
- Money is a thief. It promises life and then robs life by adding many more cares.
- Pursue wealth to your peril, flee it to your peace.
- To go after money is another chasing of the wind. It is as wearisome and unsatisfying as it is endless.
- A youth with wealth and an old man with great wealth do not know their soul is choking.
- The secret of wealth is to keep it secret. Be not exposed to the affections of corrupt men, or become seduced by the glory that wealth offers.
- The hand that grips money tightly is formed as a fist, this does not bring generosity or goodwill.
- Better a pauper in a shed than a prince in a palace - for the pauper can still hear from God.
He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity. (Ecclesiastes 5:10)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Christ is our temple, in whom by faith all believers meet.' ~ Matthew Henry
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?