What is fashionable of men is failure to God's mind.
The fear of the Lord is a fountain to life. Yet, as envy rots the soul so is the man who burns discretion and refuses divine correction.
God's unrelenting message for His disciples is to live obstinate to this world. Resist it and so exchange Babylon for Jerusalem. Permit the City of Peace to produce those peaceful, permanent and pure ways of His kingdom - the Kingdom of Righteousness.
Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. (Proverbs 16:8)
With punctured, outstretched palms the Lord resists men, pleading with His own to do likewise:
- He chooses the poor to be rich in faith...
- He chooses the foolish of this world to shame the wise...
- He chooses the weak of this world to dishonor the strong...
- He creates noble vessels from ignoble ones...
- He instructs wealth is deceitful, it is neither a protector or a savior...
- He weighs the balance on both the rich and poor alike, yet each are but a breath. And...
- It is the poor in spirit who belong in heaven.
It is better to live with the humble and the oppressed than to share the spoils of the proud. (Proverbs 16:19... a SoulSupply paraphrase.)
Count it all joy when Christ moulds you in purity, measure it as death should mankind shape you to his wicked and popular consensus.
Friendship with the world is hatred towards God. (James 4:4b)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'New wine is God's succession planning.'
Did you find this SoulSnack helpful? Would you like to subscribe or forward it to a friend?
ENJOY too Christianity Confidential