Four 14th Birthday Reflections
Four brief thoughts as I lightly consider the past fourteen years, and their increasing weariness with all things Christian.
1) I am more convinced than ever, it is until I meet my Lord that I shall only remain a beggar wearing His righteous mantle bending at His scarred feet. Yet, the time comes suddenly when I shall become transported as His guest to heaven's banquet table.
2) I must ask - what will the face of this earth and the fabric of its humanity look like in another fourteen years time? What new deceits and immoralities will political correctness claim as truth and wisdom in July 2033?
The hook of deception is baited with first questioning the truth.
Good does not divide evil these days, and evil smothers good. Nor can man discern an end at the beginning, or what his end will be.
Ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. (Jeremiah 6:16b)
3) Until the good Lord returns there will always be an opportunity for SoulSupply. The call grows ever stronger to all disciples of Christ, it is building momentum daily - feed your soul and nurture your faith. Because:
your Christian faith is the ONLY hope that can transport you safely unto Jesus' return, and deliver you into His wide and loving arms. It is then that your hope becomes sight, and reason has proved faith correct.
4) Across the past fourteen years these following SoulSupply quotes have passed the test of time and circulation. They have stayed strong. I pray that maybe one or two (at least) could be SoulSupply's refreshing birthday gift to you - as we each trek a desert, but gaze up to paradise:
- The impossible is available to those who rely on the eternal.
- The destination is worth the difficulty of the journey.
- The giant before you is not greater than the God behind you.
- The Man of Sorrows died for the men of sorrow.
- Jesus still seeks the lost, the least, the last and the lonely.
- The difference between a proud person and a humble person is the torturous work of grace.
- The pedestal of love is righteousness.
- The pedestal of worship is truth.
- The Tree of Knowledge examines the mind while the Tree of Life examines the heart.
- Beware the love of knowledge, for in its pursuit righteousness is not found.
- The old self will confront what the new self seeks to be.
- Anger is controlling another without controlling yourself.
- Humility is becoming what you have despised and realising that you were wrong.
- The crucifix is the model of Christian living, an empty cross cannot suffice.
Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Hebrews 12:1c)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"Life is that balance where you know you are incredibly small - yet also known, loved and belonging to the Creator of this ever expanding universe." ~ Michael Cartwright
# Today's awarded image of the Duoro River - Portugal, was kindly supplied by a subscriber.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?