4 Tips to Choose Good Company
good company is easier to choose than bad company is to lose?
The Lord offers these tips on choosing friends:
1) A righteous man is cautious in friendship, but the way of the wicked lead them astray. (Proverbs 12:26)
2) He who walks with the wise become wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm. (Proverbs 13:20)
3) Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared. (Proverbs 22:24-25)
4) Do not be misled: ‘Bad company corrupts good character.’ (1 Corinthians 15:33)
There is an old Aussie saying, which is 'kinda' Biblical:
you lay down with dogs and you get up with fleas.
A man is known by the friends he chooses, the companionship he keeps.
- Better a poor friend with integrity than a wealthy one who is wicked.
- Better a simple friend who is kind than a knowledgeable one who is meddlesome.
- Better a humble friend of firm faith than a successful friend who is unrighteous.
The eyes of the Lord roam the earth as He examines the goings in and out of mankind. He sees who men sit with, whose table they sup at and who they recline against. He knows each one's intentions before it is formed in their hearts.
A man who first honors God is too honored by God, he will be a righteous friend. He does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. Wisdom searches him out as the friend of choice.
Quality character reaches well beyond shared interests.
Today's Soul Snippet:
Those glad in heart are those others are glad to know.
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?