Of Eskimos & Twitter
Soul Snack 69/13 ... Of Eskimos & Twitter
Sometimes I shudder like an Eskimo without an igloo...
Didn't John the Baptist introduce all his disciples to Jesus just before he humbly taught Jesus must increase and I must decrease?
I shivered as I copied below some Christian's 'humble' self-descriptions from Twitter:
- I received an MBA from XXXX University. Is Senior Vice President for a church builder. Inspirational speaker, teacher and award winning author.
- I am an award-winning novelist and author of the XXXX .Digest book, Writing the Christian Romance. Cofounder of XXXX (deleted to protect identity)
- I am a multi-award winning, inspirational fiction novelist...
please chill-out and compare the above with these other self-descriptions also from Twitter:
- Passionate for the glory of God. I just want to lift the name of Jesus higher!
- I was Broken down and Beaten, Battered and Betrayed, the World I lived in Was Chaos and I became its Slave! UNTIL Jesus Saved Me and set Me FREE.
Now who of these Tweeters is truly passionate about the Messiah's promotion and not ME promotion? Of the five self-descriptions only two echo John the Baptist.
Kinda reminds me of the parabolic self-righteous Pharisee and a penitent tax collector. (Read Luke 18:9-14)
In God's kingdom there is far more respect for those who collect taxes and tweets humbly than those collect tithes and tweets with pride.
God is far more interested in the work of a man's heart than the work of his hands.
Today's Soul Snippet:
Humility is becoming what you have despised and realising that you were wrong.