9 Free Ways to Give
The search for suitable gifts can be both demanding and exhausting. Here are nine free gifts that can't be bought, are not boxed and you already have to give away.
1. The gift of LISTENING. But you must really listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listen.
2. The gift of AFFECTION. Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for your family and friends.
3. The gift of LAUGHTER. Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you".
4. The gift of a WRITTEN NOTE. It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note or a full sonnet. A brief handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.
5. The gift of a COMPLIMENT. A simple and sincere, "you look great in red", "you did a super job", or "that was a wonderful meal" can make someone's day.
6. The gift of a FAVOR. Every day go out of your way to do something kind. And, when you know someone has a problem or is hurting, send up a prayer on his or her behalf each day.
7. The gift of SOLITUDE. There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.
8. The gift of a CHEERFUL DISPOSITION. The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone. Really, it's not that hard to say "Hello" or "Thank you".
9. The gift of a GENEROUS SPIRIT. Don't be hard on those who let you down, instead cherish those who hold you up.
As you have done, it will be done to you;
your deeds will return upon your own head. Obadiah 15
Today's Soul Snippet:
Christmas proves to all that God has not spoken in secret nor is inactive.
*Today's Soul Snack is written by a fine Christian brother who has given permission for this to be re-posted from his blog - Please click the link below: