My Eyes Are Ever On The Lord
Life is lived as a battle ground, not a playground. But there exists a true refuge for the mind, and a kind soothing to the spirit.
King David knew trouble aplenty, fought enemies within and without his camp; he sinned greatly, but always returned to where his help came from. He lifted his eyes to the hills:
- From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. ~ Psalm 61:2
- My eyes are ever on the Lord, for He only will release my feet from the snare. ~ Psalm 25:15
- Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. ~ Psalm 27:14
- In my alarm I said "I am cut off from your sight!" Yet You heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help. ~ Psalm 31:24
- The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are attentive to their cry. ~ Psalm 34:15
- The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit ~ Psalm 34:18
Through times of hardship or times of harmony...
Through seasons of pain or seasons of peace...
Through days of poverty or days of prosperity...
my eyes are ever on the Lord, in Him alone I have placed all my hope.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"If Christ justifies you He will sanctify you! He will not save you and leave you in your sins". ~ Robert Murray McCheyne
Enjoy more encouragement at Living through the Rainy Days
Permission is granted (and you are also encouraged) to reprint SoulSnacks in hard copy form, using them for Bible Studies or other Christian forums, as well as sending them to your own email lists and posting them on your own websites. SoulSupply asks only that you keep the SoulSupply website and email contact information intact.
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?