Hardship, Judgement & Waiting
Yesterday looking better than today?
We must go though many hardships to enter the kingdom of God. (Acts 14:22)
Tomorrow looking worse than today?
Our citizenship is in heaven, and we eagerly await a Savior from there. (Philippians 3:20)
Tempted to turn back?
We must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive what is due them for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad. (2 Corinthians 5:10)
So how then should we wait? What provisions has He made for each of us? With what has God equipped us for our torturous mortal coil?
- But to each one of us GRACE has been given as Christ apportioned it. (Ephesians 4:7)
- Think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the MEASURE of FAITH given to you
- We have different GIFTS according to the GRACE given to us. (Romans 5:6)
Living for THAT DAY, we ought to be sensible:
- thankful for His grace and living in reciprocity
- humble in self-assessment,
- stepping out of the boat as God would guide, and finally
- using our God given talents with all energy to build His kingdom, and not ours.
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!... Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when He appears, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. (1 John 3:1-2)
NO TURNING BACK!
Today's Soul Snippet:
'The fear of the Lord brings perseverance.' ~ Alistair Petrie