Should The Waves Rise Too High
As with the impetuous apostle Peter walking on a dark and stormy Galilee, Jesus' right hand remains outstretched. It still extends to those who cry out to Him through their own gales for re-assurance.
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. - Joshua 1:9
- My help is in Your name Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. - Psalm 124:8
- A bruised reed He will not break, a smoldering wick He will not snuff out. - Isaiah 42:3
- Do not lose heart or be afraid. - Jeremiah 51:46
- Remember the Lord in a distant land, and think on Jerusalem. - Jeremiah 51:50
- Remain true to the Lord with all your heart. - Acts 11:21
- Continue on in the grace of God. - Acts 13:43c
- Resist satan, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. - 1 Peter 5:9
He who first stands strong, will stand forever long.
Remember the good Lord knows exactly your limits, even better than you. He will not permit you to be pushed beyond what you can bear without also providing a path of escape.
Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and He will not let you be tested beyond your ability, but with the testing He will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Corinthians 10:12-13)
Today's Soul Snippet:
'Give the body discipline and you will see it is for Him who made it. Without discipline the body is just for me.' ~ Amma Theodora
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?