Soul Snack 107/11 ... Flying High
Carrying all the saints from the earth's surface to heaven's Son is God's unchallengeable faith rocket.
Blasting unheard and even unseen is this cosmic transport to take all ticket holders to heaven. Daily more climb aboard, sadly some leave. It never stops for fuel but always carries reserves. It is fuelled by the faith of the passengers - that is how heaven constructed its engines. Without faith all power is removed from these engines.
I believe that there may be some unique characteristics to a rocket ride (not that this is my experience):
- I am unable to look back as I am going forward too fast.
- Rockets don't reverse nor do they travel in traffic so there are no mirrors and very few windows. (Faith takes my sight away from what is outside of the rocket.)
- Rockets are too small to carry my possessions, only my necessities.
- Rockets permit me to explore a space and at a pace that I couldn't do otherwise.
- To leave a rocket in flight means certain death and great risk to those seated nearby.
- Rockets focus me entirely on my destination; they neither stop, detour nor turn.
- Rockets can't fit everybody.
- Most of the take-off mass of a rocket is normally propellant.
If faith is my fuel to propel me across the heavens to Heaven, there really is not much more I need - is there?
God has already deposited in me sufficient fuel for me to cross His entire cosmos.
... think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. (Romans 12:3)
Today's Soul Snippet: