Soul Snack 121/11 ... Diffusing Life
Amy Winehouse and Anders Behring Breivik exemplify a world diffused of correct direction. Both the personal and people carnage of these dark souls bellow what has gone wrong with this world.
This world moves in an ill-informed careless abandon. It cavorts its way to a self-endorsed legacy of ruination.
The failing compass of moral direction only has two directions; the needle either points to-
- the ever changing popular common opinion or
- the drive of feelings as the gauge of correctness. Neither of these points are true to righteousness.
As a snowball rolling down the mighty Matterhorn gains much destructive bulk and momentum so too the contemporary descent of moral fibre. To mix the metaphors it is now a moral time bomb. There are small incendiary devices exploding continually; both Winehouse and Breivik demonstrate this.
A moral compass that cannot point up must therefore only point down.
The compass of Christ points to:
- honor above desire,
- a man's word remains his bond - this is also called faithfulness,
- indulgence sacrificed to service,
- seeking the higher good above personal good,
- it is God who brings justice not man,
- faith makes the decisions above fear,
- defending the absolute truth, because truth is not relative nor does it vary in any way,
- TV is not the correct place for any sexual behaviour, this is only found in marriage and
- considerable sexual behaviour today has no correct place at all.
Life has been weakened, burdens pursued and ignorance multiplied by a moral compass that only descends. Lives explode daily as another time bomb is released. Only with the compass of Christ can these time-bombs be diffused.
Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven. (Ps 85:11)
Today's Soul Snippet:
Jesus is far more interested in my loving than my learning.