Soul Snack 8/83 ... Naming Me
Names are how invitations are issued in relationships. Whether the invitation is for a wedding or coffee, a marriage or a quiet drink, to name someone is to say 'I want to relate to you'.
God knows my name because:
- He is interested in me,
- I am important to Him,
- He wants a relationship with me,
- He wants to share Himself and His possessions with me,
- He likes me so much He wants me to share with Him,
- I am eternally valuable to Him,
- He delights in me and wants to quiet me with His love,
- He is already close and wants us both to enjoy this closeness.
And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name." Ex 33:17
God knows the name of those He is pleased with. He knows your name today.