Soul Snack 8/112 ... Correct Days
Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Ps 90:12Wisdom and a correct eternal perspective is enshrined in this little prayer of the psalmist.
God has placed boundaries on my longevity that cannot be exceeded. My time is most finite if I am to sow well into eternity. To simply see the temporal as complete is to lose the eternal.
Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed. Job 14:5
I number my days aright:
- when all I hold on to will take me to heaven,
- when I will not flee righteousness now because that is how I will be forever,
- when I count these days as transitory no matter whether they hold great pleasure or great pain,
- when I make my life's decisions from faith not fear,
- when I simply refuse to release relationship with Him.
Look to the Lord, enjoy Him now, for this is what the faithful will feast forever.