Sprinting with the Herds
The human race is a herd. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are. ~ David Icke
BUT - the herding towards ease and living Christianly are uncommon bed-mates in a world at conflict with Jesus and His righteousness.
Christians refuse to sprint with the herd or copy the ways of water.
The Apostle Peter wrote:
This world counts it strange that we don't swim in its floods of poor living, so they heap abuse on us. (See 1 Peter 4:4)
To those who would resist the world's herding sheepdog, they are:
- not faint-hearted
- willing to suffer horrible loss
- not about letting God go, but letting God
- battlers to reach a heavenly eternity.
Those weary but still standing know:
- there is little heart for war but only retreat, unless the goal being gazed upon is in full sight
- that retreat on a temporary earth = loss
- there can be no overcoming if there is no heart to endure affliction, for this goal is far, far higher than the hardship is deep.
The Lord has made clear the promises and rewards that await each of us. It is first for our heart and then our hands to lay hold of them regardless of the earthly travail, for there awaits an eternal harvest.
Before there is any great level of achievement often there arrives a great level of discourgement. ~ anon
All men will hate you because of Me but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. (Mark 13:13)
STAND STRONG - PRAY HARD - PRESS ON & LIVE in RIGHTEOUSNESS
"Nothing is the way to God but our heart." ~ William Law
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?