The Desert Sojourn ~ 6 Principles to Exit
After Egypt, the Red Sea, Mt Sinai and circles in the Desert of Sin, Mt Nebo appears. The Promised Land lies within sight. (See Deuteronomy 32:48-52)
Satan has been defeated and your faith is kept. (Remember - faith to be trusted will first be tested.)
The desert has never been a destination but merely a journey, for it is always future focussed. The desert has been, and always will be the place of preparation for God's instruments; those who will fulfil His intentions and prepare for His ways.
In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord make straight in the desert a highway for our God (Isaiah 40:2)
You have travelled the desert well in faith and not grumbled, the soul has been scoured, indeed sandblasted and your eyes have permanently been cast high, so how do you then leave the desert?
- God will tell you when the trek is over; this hard & lonely service has passed.
- Be strong and courageous, for He will never leave you nor forsake you. You have already learned that you too will never leave Him. The Lord your God has gone before you in the desert, and He will repeat the favor in Canaan.
- When God has you ready to move into Canaan, the Lord will remove the protection that Canaan has, look for this. (Joshua 3:10)
- Personal consecration is to precede the next miraculous event, the parting of the Jordan which puts the desert at your back. Consecration is camping with the Lord prior to crossing the flood. It is being alert for Him and to Him. Be patient and pure, the 2 'Ps' of preparation. (See Joshua 3)
- God's word parts waters and stems floods. When you see the miraculous unfold before your eyes, step forward. (Joshua 3:14-17) Be ready for the parting of the waters; place yourself in such a position of waiting and trust, so that you won't be too busy to see the Lord's movement. Must be completely ready to step forward. He will tell you when. To witness spiritual activity, to step into the Jordan is not possible if the desert dweller can only see the carnal.
- The passage through the flood of Jordan is safe when the Word of God is steadfastly held in the midst of the flood. Canaan is entered as Egypt was left, through the miraculous.
After the desert a home flowing in milk and honey is received. Fix the eyes of faith upon the prize for then it cannot be lost.
Exiting the desert is graduation; this classroom of the soul is now behind. He has prepared you so that you can prepare His ways for Him upon earth.
The wilderness walk has never just been about you, but rather the place of preparation for you as God's now holy instrument to complete His intentions for Him.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"A man is immortal until his work on earth is done." ~ J.C.Ryle
Love this SoulSnack? - PLEASE take a moment and share it with a friend. Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
ENJOY - The Desert Road ~ Principles 1-5
ENJOY - The Desert Sojourn ~ Entry