The Gentle Edge
Where is the soft spirit, the quite eyes or the easy touch of warm support?
But Jesus has the edge on life, He taught and lived:
- The fruit of the Spirit is gentleness - Galatians 5;22
- Clothe yourself in gentleness - Colossians 5;23
- Be completely gentle - Ephesians 5:2
- Let your gentleness be evident to all - Ephesians 4:2 and
- But you, man of God, pursue gentleness - 1 Timothy 6:11
No man knows the wars waging in another's heart, or the terrors that gather as daunting clouds shade a soul. I am as unaware of my brother's distresses as he is of mine.
Choose this day for gentleness for the world needs no more wars.
One sweet smile may quench a hundred fires...
One kind word still the raging storms or
One light touch lift many inner loads.
Gentleness is the yeast of grace, and grace the yeast of gentleness. It is a pillow to a troubled life.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Matthew 11:29)
Gentleness is the fabric of love.
REMEMBER - Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?