3 Ways to Open the New Year Well
I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year:
"Give me a light that I may tread safely into the unknown."
And he replied:
"Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That shall be better than light and safer than a known way."
King George VI held fine wisdom for beginning the New Year.
As we each stand afresh at the gate of this New Year choose to not:
- walk as alone upon this planet,
- keep our hands so busy and fail to touch another's or
- secret them in our pockets so they stretch out to no-one.
Our gate is gliding open as we:
- release the past from the present,
- lay hold with our right-hand His right-hand, trusting He who is invisible to take us kindly into the unknown New Year and
- do not fear its unseen end.
This New Year grasp your Father's hand, you do not know what the future holds but it is all ok, for you are attached to He who knows and lovingly owns your future.
Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my righthand. (Psalm 73:23)
Today's Soul Snippet:
In sin I lock horns with heaven but in prayer I lock hands with heaven.
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?