6 Verses & 1 Blessing for a Busy Life
To do two things at once is to do neither. ~ Publius Syrus
Are your days propelled by busy-ness?
Do you feel so much weight drowning you that you reach for a snorkel to find fresh air?
Each morning could your feet happen to slap the cool floor as you rise ready to sprint?
Does the impact of yesterday's rush-hour multiply your rush-hour today?
Many things claim our heart, mind and then our time. Some items we even have little control over, and they cause much ill-health.
He who is the Prince of Peace humbly offers guidance and comfort:
- The Lord will fight for you, you only need to be still. (Exodus 14:14)
- Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him. (Psalm 37:7)
- Be still and know that I AM God. (Psalm 46:10a)
- Cast your cares on the Lord, and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall. - (Psalm 55:22)
- Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. - (Psalm 107:28-29)
- Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
Take a rest. The field that has rested yields a beautiful crop. ~ Ovid
AND - a blessing for that hectic heart:
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen. (Hebrews 13:20-21)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"We need more Christians where prayer is the first resort and not the last resort." ~ Anon