8 Ways To Make 2016 Count
Settle the heart of 2015 today. Refuse yesterday's frets and tomorrow's fears, as this cements in life a hitching post to tether the New Year.
Below are listed eight strong ropes to tether your 2016:
- only store up good things in your heart that you may overflow well - Matthew 12:34-35, Luke 6:45
- shine in righteousness and lead many to righteousness - Daniel 10:12
- learn and live in the contentment of Jesus - 1 Timothy 6:6
- pray for the Holy Spirit daily to pour over you - Ephesians 5:18
- be alert to temptation - Luke 22:40
- refuse sin today - John 8:11
- seek His purity and humility - Daniel 10:12 and
- pursue Jesus to increase in you that you may then decrease - John 3:30.
Your identity as a Christian may never become a Wikipedia entry, you probably will never have a red carpet rolled out for you, or watch your name illuminated in neon lights - but your name IS in the Book of Life.
The day WILL arrive for a divine welcome home party, and then you will hear:
well done my good and faithful servant ... come and share your master's happiness. (Matthew 25:23)
This one verse alone ensures all that your attempts of faithfulness in 2016 will be worthwhile.
Today's Soul Snippet:
Temptation is satan's tool to break the faithful.
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?