Be Careful with Prayer
WARNING - Please ponder this prayer below before you pray it - it contains requests and desires you may not truly want to live out. God understands the hollow prayer as much as He witnesses the ill-considered action and hears the impulsive word.
To all those who may have began the year with a burden, who celebrated the New Year on the outside but not on the inside or who found 2020 so wearisome that they are wary of 2021 - a prayerful plea to the Father whose fabric is love and still the same every new year...
My Father in Heaven, thank-you that You have seen my 2020 and all my years that have preceded it. Thank-you that You have loved me beyond my foolishness and not rejected me for my constant sin. I would pray a plea now for 2021:
- make peace my governor and righteousness my ruler,
- be my everlasting light that the days of sorrow and darkness end
- re-build the ruins within and remove my devastation
- keep me please from temptation and hold no sin against me,
- may this New Year be the season of longed for justice, vindication, elevation and restoration.
- restore all that I have been robbed of,
- walk closer beside me than ever before; surround me, be my rear guard and my vanguard, hover over me that I may dwell in Your shadow
- May I never again shove You away or simply bump You off. May I never again turn my back on You, or become disinterested in You - for
- you are my ONLY rock, my highway to holiness, my shade, my shelter and my guide
- I desire to shadow You this year and then until I meet You
- may my emotions well and my heart pound in pursuing you this year without distraction
- may my weighty heart no longer constrain this new season, so 2021 will be a year that Your righteousness and praise will be secure in my life and loaded upon my lips. ~ AMEN
I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness (Isaiah 61:10a)
Today's Soul Snippet:
God says ~ "I know how to care for those who belong to Me."