Charging Today From Psalm 119
Psalm 119, at 176 verses is the longest chapter of the Bible. It can be neglected for this reason alone. No ancient author has claimed this Psalm, yet it is penned from a true heart; one in love with God and His good guidance. He knew full well that God was on his side.
ENJOY a sample of Psalm 119, nine high voltage verses; meditate upon heart that wrote them. Do these verses echo in you?
- I have chosen the way of truth... for You have set my heart free. (verses 30a & 32b)
- Turn my eyes away from worthless things... preserve my life in Your righteousness. (verses 37a & 40b)
- My comfort in my suffering is this; Your promise preserves my life. (verse 50)
- I have sought Your face with all my heart:.. the earth is filled with Your love, O Lord. (verses 58a & 64b)
- My soul faints with longing for Your salvation... I have put my hope in Your word. (verse 81)
- If Your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. (verse 92)
- How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth. (verse 103)
- Your word is lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (verse 105)
- The unfolding of Your words give light: it gives understanding to the simple. (Verse 130)
Read Psalm 119 in one sitting and discover the verses the Holy Spirit can light up for you.
Today's Soul Snippet:
‘The garment of sackcloth and ashes always precedes the mantle of righteousness.‘ ~ Michael Cartwright
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?