If Your Head Hangs Low...
If your heart is empty but your eyes are full...
If your soul is weak because the lies are strong...
...the Lord's comfort is tenacious and present to warm you afresh.
- For I am the Lord your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you 'do not fear'; I will help you. Do not be afraid for I myself will help you ~ Isaiah 41:13
- The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. ~ Psalm 34:18
- A bruised reed He will not break, and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out ~ Isaiah 42:3
- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy. ~ Psalm 94:19
- But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~ Isaiah 40:31
During the long and dry days, the anxious and fearful nights our good Lord sets a table for you. It is complete with the sweet grain of heaven - His manna. Comfort is in the taste and health from its eating.
What we need as Christians is to be able to feed ourselves. How many there are who sit helpless and listless, with open mouths, hungry for spiritual things, and the minister has to try to feed them, while the Bible is a feast prepared into which they never venture. ~ D.L. Moody
Trust the Lord and His Spirit-filled words while your spirit is downcast, for He is the kind and truthful One.
His heart is to speak to yours; to inscribe pure refreshment upon the tablet that is your heart.
Today's Soul Snippet:
The width of a man's influence is proportionate to the depth of his roots.
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?
ENJOY ~ Love That Is Infinite