Separating 'grace' & 'mercy'!
A simple but accurate separation is:
Grace is receiving a betterment not owed to you.
Mercy is not receiving a punishment owed to you.
To explore 'grace' just a tad further, it is the:
- engine to forgive another
- absence of rights
- separation of Christianity from every other form of faith
- washing of your betrayer's feet
- permission to put away guilt, shame, condemnation, judgement, and so much more
- generosity that doesn't find fault.
Stand firm in grace.
The Last Word:
Grace and truth comes through the Jesus the Christ. (John 1:17b)