STANDING ON THE PROMISES
Do the stars stare down with a distant indifference?
To endure in hope through darkness is an easy task to flee.
Yet God's promises can still shine upon any gloom.
Which one could be your favorite?
1) The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. - Psalm 34:18
2) You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to you. - Psalm 86:5
3) Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. - Isaiah 40:30-31
4) A bruised reed He will not break, and a smouldering wick He will not snuff out. In faithfulness He will bring forth justice. - Isaiah 42:3
5) Whoever comes to Me I will never drive away. - John 6:37b
God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19)
God's words do not return to Him empty, His promises are not void. Take strength for He will never betray His faithfulness.
Too often the soul can count the curses and miss dwelling upon the blessings.
God's promises packed in the heart will always beam light on the future, even from a darkest present.
Standing on the promises sure beats falling for the problems.
Today's Soul Snippet:
"I know God loves the little nobodies - those whose names no one will celebrate". ~ Reinhard Bonnke
#Some inspiration provided for today's SoulSnack sourced from Reinhard Bonnke.