The Altar of Vengeance
The vengeance theme pervades worldwide human thinking, it always has. All injury perpetrated against us we too believe requires payment.
When choosing unforgiveness, please - first count the cost:
- The choice is to live with betterness or bitterness, freedom or bondage.
- Unforgiveness drinks a poison, daily expecting the other person to die. - Nelson Mandela
- When embarking on a journey of revenge first dig two graves. - Confucius
- Stubbornness and unforgiveness are the enemies, a deceiving powerhouse that continues to permit another to hurt me. Stubbornness and pride are one the same.
- Those who nurse bitterness are invalids. ~ Corrie ten Boom
As you have done it will be done to you - your deeds will return to your head. (Obadiah 15)
Forgiveness is a spiritual transaction, for Heaven honors my decisions upon earth. (See Matthew 18:18, 35)
In the end isn't each believer only a vagabond seized and then clothed by a raggedy grace? Grace always takes us as we are and not as we should be. Who are we to withhold such grace from a fellow vagabond too?
Today's Soul Snippet:
'There never yet was a saint without scars.' ~ anon.
ENJOY TOO ~ How to Forgive Permanently