The Battle for Life
It is as if the Father and the Son already knew, this theme is persistent in both Testaments:
- Be STILL before the Lord and wait patiently for Him. ~ Psalm 37:7a
- Be STILL and know that I AM God. ~ Psalm 46:10a
- I have STILLED and quieted my soul. ~ Psalm 131:2a
- In repentance and REST is your salvation. In QUIETNESS and trust is your strength. ~ Isaiah 30:15
- It is good to wait QUIETLY. ~ Lamentations 3:26a
- Be STILL before the Lord all mankind. ~ Zechariah 2:13a
It was Jesus' habit to rise early in the mornings and go to solitary places to pray. There He found rest. Jesus would climb mountainsides far away from the crowds. He pursued stillness and quietness, thus Jesus was restored.
The good Shepherd leads each of us beside quite waters to refresh our bodies and souls. Permit Him to lead.
Every western man and woman are in a wrestle for stillness. Without stopping rest is not gained, and the restoring presence of the Lord has been fled.
THE FIGHT FOR STILLNESS IS TRULY THE BATTLE OF WHO RULES ME!
Today's Soul Snippet:
Powerful indeed is the empire of habit. ~ Publilius Syrus
Love this SoulSnack? Please share it with a friend.