The Power of Unmeasured Patience
From an unmeasured Divine patience I now shelter under these sensible truths:
- The stakes are too high to remain in sin.
- Mercy triumphs over judgement.
- Where the broken person flees for refuge will become their grave, unless they flee to the Lord.
- Refuse to judge another unless you have first learned where they weep.
- Resist satan without restraint, and he will pursue simpler targets.
- Erect the fortress of substantial prayer. Life is a perennial battleground, not a playground.
- Honor the beggar willingly, serve the proud silently, listen carefully to the child and keep a pure heart - for this is true spiritual ambition.
- As Jesus often withdrew to lonely places - mimic Him. Soak in the Son, Son-bathe.
- Choose a soft heart to hard truths.
Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city. (Ecclesiastes 7:19)
Today's Soul Snippet:
"The crucified life is the safest of lives because it removes me from me." ~ Michael Cartwright
Love this SoulSnack - PLEASE don't keep it to yourself? Would you like to subscribe for free SoulSnacks either weekly or each workday?